My square inch of paradise

The radio version of this TV show played on Sunday nights (Think Dudley Dooright and Bullwinkle if you can't go back a little farther)  and my family used to sit in the dining room where the piano was and the big radio of unknown make sat in the corner. My mom used to serve our regular Sunday night dinner - tomato soup and egg noodles with bread my dad made - I thought that is or was what everyone ate on Sunday nights....anyway, Suspense, Green Hornet, Ozzie and Harriet, Jack Benny and Sgt. Preston among others.

When it hit TV and we got a TV I was glued to this.  Quaker Oats sponsored the program for a long time and did a "own a piece of the Yukon" promo where you could, if you sent in a box top or two, get a deed.  I got my deed. I still have it. 

There is gold there.

https://youtu.be/6dG2DSFtYbY?feature=shared

Comments