Need a moment of Zen?

Everyone is a little crazy today.  It is just after 5am and if you want the house to smell like Thanksgiving, then it starts now.  There is something very nice about a kitchen at 5am. The turkey is just sitting there waiting for prep. We have a load of root vegetables to roast that are going to replace all the side dishes (most anyway) and will become soup if not eaten today.   I'm happy to report that Brussels sprouts had a bumper crop and if I just got a plate full of them I'd be fine.

My wife makes an oatmeal dressing for the turkey that is to die for...way more expensive than the bird itself.  It is wonderful and after growing up with my mom's idea of sage dressing (also to die for but not in the good way) and my first wife's sparse and bland dutch reformed dressing (ingredients "unknown"), 29 years of this has been special to me...both her presence and the dressing.

If I'm up alone at this time and am as she is taking care of her mom for a bit this morning, I put on the Internet radio from Michigan State (WKAR) which has the best programming anywhere.  Since you are reading this, you might do well to put on some George Winston which seems to fit the 5am mood.  Your host has provided a player for you.

Have a wonderful day.  Time to get to work.

Comments