The truth found in advertising

So I was reading BP Gulf spill updates this morning and noticed the google ads to the right of the story. For the first time the top two were from lawyer-groups. 

I wondered what the bidding price was on Google adwords for these positions and it is in the neighborhood of $10 a click. That doesnt' mean view or impressions, but these guys are paying Google about $10 each time someone clicks on the link - buy the service or not. This puts the "cost per thousand Clicks" (CPM/CPC) at $10,000 ...

I'm not a great fan of lawyers making these types of ads. I suppose they have a need and people use them to get help but..and as much as I want to see BP drawn and quartered for what they did do and particularly didn't do, is this the way?

Anyway, I clicked and refreshed a dozen or so times on each ad....

Comments