moonlight


I had my trusty scope at the ready last night. 10pm and the moon was still in the trees and from the west I could see the clouds approaching.  The clouds were going to win. I went to bed.  

Out of respect, I took one last look, turned on the little flash on my phone and sent the moon a message.


Years ago I sat on this same porch with one of my granddaughters.  Abby was and is terribly bright with boundless imagination so she was a perfect choice as a look upward partner.  We looked at the moon and the stars and occasionally at the swarm of fireflies in the side yard. She decided that the stars were really fireflies that saw the moon and flew up to be near it, went too far, and now were up there for good. 

What a fine thing to think up and about but she was slightly wrong and thinking it through some more, we decided that the fireflies grabbed on to moon beams to help in that journey. 

Voila!


Comments