In the Pines...

Nothing important to add except it's a couple days from Father's Day and I'm sitting on the back porch at the time of day I used to sit with my dad on his back porch of his house in South Carolina.

He had two acres on which he very carefully planted  hundreds of white pines when he first bought the property.   They were just so far apart,every one of them, so it was almost like a tangle at the top and a picket fence at the bottom.

Mostly what I remember about those evenings on his patio was the wind whistling through those Pines as they  make a whoosh sound that is unique and unforgettable. I heard it a bit this evening with a nice Southwest breeze and what the US Open going on TV and all that...well it was very much like being back visiting him.

Just a thought on a Thursday night before Father's Day.









Comments