Cloudy with snow and a chance of dreary

This morning's weather
I won't bore you with a dreary "oh the weather" rant and actually I am fond of grey, snowy days - not a lot of snow just some, with work to do that puts me near a window. Problem is, of course, I listen to the radio on the Internet with such crystal clear fidelity that I daydream and listen instead of accomplishing anything.

That got me to thinking about a recent contract assignment I had.  The fella meant well but he had a staff of about 15 and every Monday morning he had a meeting where the week's work (upcoming and past) was reviewed both for actual output but for time spent on the project.  If he thought a job should take an hour and you took two, well, that's to bad, I am paying you for the hour. On the other hand if he thought it would take a day and you got it done in an hour then you just wasted 7 hours of your own time.  Either way he won.  Everyone was nice but it was, obviously pretty grim....not a worker's paradise.

I mention that as sitting here, looking at the snow flakes and listening to the music below...well daydreaming has its price and idle hands are the devil's playground.


Comments