Wie schön leuchtet der Morgenstern

der Morgenstern
On crisp and very cold mornings - predawn on the light clock - I can sit at my trusty keyboard and look east and out my window comes shines der Morgenstern, Venus.

Wise men followed it.  It is nicknamed the bringer of peace. Unfortunately I have to travel in the other direction and I'm not sure today will  be a peaceful one but I'll keep my hopes up.

Venus is now eclipsed by a stupendous dawn...sunlight at my back anyway.





Wie schön leuchtet der Morgenstern
Voll Gnad' und Wahrheit von dem Herrn,
Die süße Wurzel Jesse!
Du Sohn David zus Jakobs Stamm,
Mein König und mein Bräutigam,
Hast mir mein Herz besessen,
Lieblich, freundlich,
Schön und herrlich, groß und ehrlich,
Reich von Gaben,
Hoch und sehr prächtig erhaben!
How beautifully shines the morning star
full of grace and truth from the Lord, the sweet root of Jesse! You son of David from the line of Jacob, my king and my bridegroom, have taken posession of my heart,
[you who are] lovely,friendly, beautiful and glorious, great and honourable,
rich in gifts,
 lofty and exalted in splendour!






\
 






Comments