Tabula Rasa

Due to weather, it has been a month since anything or anybody
walked on the beach - or could get near it.
Finally got a chance to make it down to the water this morning - Boston Terrier in tow.  He loves the sand but seemingly only when there are footprints to sniff and stuff washed up to pee on or look at.  This morning, there wasn't even a bird's footprint.
Another blank tablet
I won't bore you with a trip to Aristotle or Locke's tabula rasa in An Essay Concerning Human Understanding...I'm sure glad that I left those tidbits behind in grad school...but the thought did occur to me as I watched the dog fly down the steps to run in the blank sand, that there as many things waiting to be written on your blank slate and the only thing preventing the proverbial dog making footprints is how hard you try and keep things out.


Comments