What are the chances

Beebe Plain, Vermont, 1859



















Not sure exactly why I was poking around on Ancestry.com. Just was.

My dad's side of the family is mostly word of mouth.  His dad was a railroad man and his grand father was an illustrator for the 2nd Vermont during the civil war. His mom was an Emerson of Ralph Waldo fame.  Other than that, I got nothing.

Years back, we took a vacation to Vermont and found some ancestral grave sites and my dad's house when he was 3. He lived in Lyndonville and at times in the town of Beebe and Beebe Plain. So I looked them up just for the heck of it. Zeb Beebe founded the town in 1789 and his off-spring lived a little north of my family on the other side of the road. His farm is still there.















I found the map (from 1859) shown above. My great great great grandfather's house is plainly marked. I looked it up on Google Earth...N.Derby Road is new so if you count down from Route 247, well you can figure it out.(the plot of land is by the marker)

This might have been the most astounding chain of coincidences of my life. Well, one of them anyway.

Speechless.

Comments

Post a Comment