I've seen the elephant

Abby's elephant
Half of my grand daughters visited yesterday and the other half skyped.  How lucky I am to have seen this.

Over time I've carefully explained that there are elephants wandering about in the woods, down by the beach, hiding in the trees and just generally elephanting around. Yesterday was a milestone in elephant understanding as dear Abby,one of the four, this sweetest thing on God's earth, asked me if I've seen any elephants lately.

I told her, of course, that just the other day there was one down by the shore. It was coloring on your pad - the one we keep here for your drawings.....she pondered this for a bit as well she should and then announced it must have looked a lot like the one she saw in her yard while she was waiting for the school bus.

My life's work is complete.


Comments