Voice Banking

a voice bank perhaps
I read, support and participate in a forum that isn't the cheeriest place on earth but full up with folks trying to cope.  In it, I found a term unfamiliar; "voice banking".

Think of it as a time capsule.

My dad used a Dictaphone and I still have the little round cylinder tapes but nothing to play them on. The dictation is from the 50s and probably all business related but it would be nice to hear him talk again. Just for a minute would be a treat.

The affliction in question often leads to the diminished ability to talk clearly and/or write due to a number of factors so it is urged there to "voice bank" so when communication becomes difficult there will be words for others to read or your voice and conversations to hear.

Now that we have all the little communication toys available, it seems like a good idea, sick or not.



Comments

  1. I hate the idea of losing something like a father's voice.

    This company says they can copy Dictet and Dictabelt recordings to CD for you.

    http://www.precision-ar.com/

    And there are others, I think.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment