Mirrors

just me in my lawn chair
It was just about as still as can be considering the time of day.

I don't know about you but my mind plays music when I'm just sitting on a lawn chair; no book, no i-pad or i-phone, just my i-eye.  If there were waves and wind, I'd pop one tune on the turntable.  Dead calm, like this, gathers up another.

When the kids were young and all piled in the car, we sometimes got to take turns listening to real music - not what plays in your head. That is, one song per person in turn. It was too easy until they caught on that my songs were often 4 movement symphonies that took up much of the ride.  Jennifer's reaction was often most violent let me tell you.  The oldest one just slept like a stone.  The youngest had his own Walkman.  Jen tortured.

I was reflecting on this yesterday - the symbolic 3 ships/3 kids thing.  I'll go back to my music.



Comments