Colors

Long Island Fall - or so I'm told
I find this mess in Washington appalling; not just for my political stance and desire to beat up on the Tea Party ilk and Mr. Cruz in particular.  It bothers me as I've gone through life as a fairly observant person. I look at stuff and don't miss much and am a stickler for nuance and detail.

I was walking the dog this morning and came up on the scene in the picture.  I liked it because it looked like every color possible was lined up to be seen.  The entire picture was of fall.  The individual contributions were necessary to the whole.  Mostly, without nuance, blue is blue, green is green etc.

You can't look at one of the trees and say the predominant color is charcoal grey or the leaves are white.

Listening to the stuff that is coming out of Washington, well, one begins to doubt your own eyes and ears. Some would look at this picture and evidently see something I don't see at all; not even close.  After a while one begins to doubt that we are looking at the same thing. Simply, outright lies become the truth - charcoal grey becomes vibrant green.

That might be the real price we are paying for electing this gaggle of geese. We doubt what we are seeing and hearing is true or a lie and after a while we don't know the difference.


Comments