and what embarrasses you the most?

We all have those primal scream moments - usually in the car when some embarrassing memory floats through. I have a number of them followed by a sentence that starts "how could I...." and goes on from there.

Since I've done just about every stupid thing there is to do in a lifetime, I'm down to being embarrassed about being stupid

I was having some medical tests yesterday and the neuro guy had me do some little dumb question things like what day is it and who is president etc.  Then he asked me, in 60 seconds, to list all the words I could (except proper names) that began with "A".  AHA!  My mind flashed to that John Travolta movie when he was zapped by some ray and got incredible smart. Then my mind flashed blank.  Really blank.  Really really blank.

You see, there is a system if you think about it.  Just supply the second letter and it is duck soup. A + b= about, above, able etc. a+c = accord, account, acquire... get the idea?  I started at anonymous and went to ask and aquarium with not a semblance of order.  I'm in an exam room with some hotshot neuro guy and come off like a dummy.

SCREAMING.


Comments