3 straight 4am mornings

4am at the train station
A while back in my life I spent a number of years up at 4 and on a train to Manhattan at 5am.  At 6pm I would board a train back home to get home at 8, gulp some dinner, and get to sleep by ten. Paradise.

Where I live now, another 45 minutes further away and with far less public transportation options, 3 straight mornings in the city now translate to up at 3 and away at 4.  Point is that for the first time in a long time, my brain took in the sensation of an isolated stop, alone, silent, and no one moving around except a stray cat or two returning from the hunt - cats are people too.

The sky and moon at 4am are to behold - especially on full moon cycles - and I had forgotten about it some. I liked it back then when I was too bone tired to care much about anything and I liked it yet again the last three mornings. The new day hasn't started and we are just glimpsing the end of the old one.


Comments