Things that glow in the night

See the video link below....
When I was a kid, 9-10 years old, we lived in a sub-division under construction.  There were 5 kids my age and in my grade out of 15 houses and another dozen plus nearby so we could play endless 9 on 9 baseball.rr

Because it was rural and very very safe, we could come and go at will, especially at night.  A favorite was in the dirt and rag-week field, flat on our backs, looking up at a sky that we didn't know was free of ambient light.  Stars looked so close we could feel their cold. (think it through)

We watched carefully for shooting stars or the hoped-for UFO.  We were famously rewarded on both accounts.  Sputnik was our all time find. That I remember vividly.

Those in the south got a big bright meteor the other night - it seemed to come from the moon.
(see here).

I wish I were 10 again....but not in the South.






Comments