Idle thoughts on Monday morning

First Sunday of Fall in our Park
I wonder some why we take pictures of people we don't know.  I went for a walk at the Maritime Festival yesterday and came across this scene (obviously to the left).  My cellphone photos are admittedly second tier and I have zero skills in composition but that didn't stop me from smiling for a while.  Kids on the fly. Friends talking in little clusters. Others just enjoying enjoying (not a mistake).
another Sunday in the park

When Seurat composed this Sunday in the Park,the work had the advantage
of lingering in the scene - not point and shoot split seconds. Of course my photo and this masterpiece are "a to z" different in both skill and value but it is of comfort that perhaps Seurat felt the same inner smile although for a longer period and in brush strokes, not pixels.







Comments