Timelines

Wondering what will be entered in one's life-timeline
A funeral and a wake are on tap for today so obviously not a bright and shiny one. It is for the mother of one of our closest and dearest life-friends who lived a long life and went in peace so for that part, it is easier if it is ever easy.

I personally didn't know her (the mother) well, having only met a few times in my life but my wife spent a lot of time in their household growing up and is very sad, not only for her daughter (life-friend) but for those times way back when and the memories from them.

My plan is to speak at the funeral service and to do it with some twist. I thought perhaps I would recount her daughter's life - not in a time line but in achievements and good deeds, kindness and concern, loyalty and and values.  I would conclude with "this represents her timeline of events - mirrored in a wonderful and caring daughter who obviously grew up to be just like you".

Seems appropriate.




Comments