About a month of writing to go

I've finished the outline and about 80% of the (my) screenplay thanks to the wonders of ViaVoice.  It is, I think, an interesting premise but that isn't the point.  I'm going to ditch what I have written and essentially start again but think of it as a word document that you thoughtfully compose, it gets zapped by the computer god, and you put it back down into type once more but hopefully leaving out the junky parts.

I think that before life either passes one by or ends completely he/she should try to do one thing that they think they can't do.  Some of us were born with that "yeah I can do that" attitude even when one hasn't the slightest idea about it.  We put ourselves forward into things we should and shouldn't, messes occur here and there, but we feel compelled.

This is different.  This is something I know nothing about and have no expectations that it will even remotely work out.  Sometimes you buy a lottery ticket and dream about winning and what you will do with all that money.  This is buying the ticket and tossing it away...it is just the act of buying.

I will finish this though and probably vanity will prompt me to send it to a couple movie people I know.  It will go in the circular filing cabinet no doubt and all I hope for is a "that's nice" (don't quit your day job).

Anyway you heard it here first.

Comments