The truth just isn't in him

Portrait of a smug brat
About a dozen years ago, Jane, a grand frommage at ABC radio asked me to lunch to meet their new "syndication star" Sean Hannity. ABC was taking him from local on WABC in New York to nationally syndicated.

I knew his call screener at the time as she interviewed on several occasions at the ad agency where I was working.  She was a good egg.  Sean used to call her "flipper" because she had a dolphin tatoo somewhere.  I called in sometimes just when Sean crossed some edge in his rhetoric, talk to "flipper" and she would defuse me.

I don't call in anymore. No one should. This guy matured into a mature liar and fraud.

Not the way I wanted to start my Tuesday morning, all pissed off and huffy, but there are people on this earth who have no internal controls. They are the garbage in, garbage out crowd. Birds on a wire. Howling at the moon. Sean has an amazing affluent life and resents everything. His shtick is fear mongering and inciting the masses.

I've never bought advertising space on his program as I always advised clients that the association would do them no good; only harm.

I was right.


Comments