Enter Henry Jarrod.....

Some time back - 60 years to the day to be exact - The House of Wax opened as the first color/3D horror flick.  I wasn't allowed to see it because it was thought to be "too scary" although everyone else in the family got to see it and the Saturday matinee at the Main Theater in Dayton, Ohio was a quarter and they had a drawing for a bike every month before the final reel.

3D was something let me tell ya.  We take it for granted now and the stuff back then was primitive at best but to the novice eye, it was, well, eye-opening.  I think that anything that draws a new line in the sand you ever saw that you remember - now there is brain starter for the day.
content-wise deserves so note. This movie, as melodramatic as it was (yes I snuck to the theater on a Saturday with a quarter I took from my Dad's change he left in the car and got to see it), made an impression and I still remember the final scene in parts and bits - the vats of wax and all.  I think that this is the first movie I remember seeing. Not sure but thinking about the "first movie"

Just thought I'd share.

Comments