Muggs a year later

Muggs the B/W of ROY G BIV
My (our) last cat died a year ago Monday (see here).  During the snow and cold, I had the occasion the other morning, the anniversary morning of his journey on, to walk by and have a chat with him. Just about things.  Nothing special.

I haven’t seen him for now 8 months when I was dying (literally) and my mind’s eye saw him emerge from the ground and run to me, brush my leg, and try and comfort me, tail up, prancing gait. As insane as that event seems to be and I can tell it with a smile, when I confide it, I’m greeted by knowing smiles.

Muggs was all Black and White – the opposite ends of our ROY G BIV spectrum. Some might say all devil and all angel, the precise definition of full of all colors and purely void of any blemish.  It is a mystery to most of us who will get by St. Peter and who won’t. It is, however, a firm belief that our pets won’t be there for us in the afterlife if we find ourselves rowing on the River Styx.

Just sayin’ I miss him a lot.

Comments