Not much more to say

Phone rang at 5:30 and 6p last evening. During dinner preparation and dinner eating. Some cheery voice wanted my opinion on politics and I would be able to go on an all expense 2 day cruise to the Bahamas if I took part. I declined but not after telling the equally over cheerful travel agent to basically go hang himself.  It was a "push-poll" set of questions to be sure - hot button republican "touch points" that they perceived would light my fire for Wilton Romney.  Frankly that guy and for that matter all politicians have too much time and too much money. In the end someone pays for those "free trips".

I consider it to be my civic duty to get on these people for such nonsense.  The most 'drive me crazy' thing about politicians who are on the fiscal austerity kick is that they are constantly raising money.  Why don't we just say, "Here is 100 million dollars.  You can't spend any more or raise any more. Budget accordingly".
Then we whisk them off to Washington to control a budget right after they demonstrated to us that they can't spend only what they have. Such an oxymoron.

So why the picture? Because it is pleasant and gentle and protective. In a world gone blooey with win free trips to the Bahamas and politicians calling during dinner in June for the November election in a state that has as much chance of going republican as I do flying, it is nice to see something normal if even for a minute on an obscure blog.

Comments