Ben Stein

You all remember Ben Stein.  The "economist" expert who shilled for President Nixon and found his way forward courtesy of Ferris Bueller.  That guy.

He blogs in the American Spectator and you can read one of his latest trifles here. The question put up for his talent was "What would Nixon do?" about Iran that is.

I was in university when Nixon got in the White House - actually the first election for president that found me at the ballot box.  That was 3 years into my college years and we were waist deep into Viet Nam. Nixon et al were pretty much household words.  We knew about him from his time as VP under Ike and he made a campaign stop in our home town when he ran against Kennedy so we got to see him close up. Actually shook his hand.   When he came back from the USSR after the famous "kitchen debate", I wrote him a nice letter about the Soviet educational system and he wrote me back and sent me all kinds of things.  I still have the letter and the articles.  Richard and I go way back.

Just a message to Ben Stein.  This guy, for all his brains, was a crook and a liar.  One thing about liars is that once they tell a whooper like Richard used to tell the country, no one could ever know if he was telling the truth or just something made up out of whole cloth.

It doesn't matter what Dick would do about Iran.  He broke the public trust. I'd just as soon we never ask him what he would think about anything.


Comments