I've been busy

Rewriting copy, thinking (very hard work), writing a bunch of other things I've put off, almost missed Bach's Birthday. 

About 40 years ago  took a "Bach" doctoral seminar with Gerhardt Hertz.  I think most of the course was in German or so it seemed.  He had, in his possession, one of the few Bach autographs in existence.  He brought it to class one evening and we gathered around - it was like the last scene from Raiders of the Lost Ark.  Hertz trembled when he touched it with his tweezers - compacted between two protective panes of glass - totally memorable.

Spring also showed up just a day ago and I did miss that one - day late and a dollar short - Leap Year threw me off.

Back (Bach) on my game now. Can't miss anymore big events.  Life isn't packed full of them.

Comments