On this Easter Sunday Morning

I've made the baked clams for our lunch with the kids and grand kids ...and as Julia and Julia would say "YUM"...but I don't share this recipe...well perhaps.

Work can wait for those of us who are lucky enough to do our own schedules and I say that not out of hubris but due to the fact that I don't have a shop or a store or a restaurant that has to be open.  I live down the street a bit from a pretty active church and on my way to the store and back this morning, they were loading up for Easter services.  They looked somber.  I thought it to be too bad.  This isn't a somber day regardless of how you view religious observances...and particularly if you are Christian.  This is the Good News day - what should be right up there with Christmas morning - as a day of celebration.  If you aren't taken to the Easter story (not the stuff with Charleton Heston and Mr. DeMille) it is spring and buds and flowers are out and stuff new and fresh is everywhere. Kids are free to go outside in the semi-warmth, cats prowl and dogs fetch.  We are deep in a foggy morning which makes the green all the greener.

I thought long and hard about what music I would pick if this were my last Easter/Spring morning on earth...its like what would you pick for your last supper...absolutely something that has to do with these few days.  Would I pick some brooding piece by Bach or the Easter Oratorio?  How about some Glenn Miller from WWII when things needed hope and rebirth of spirit?  Or how about this?  Yes. This is it. Turn it up full volume. Let the light shine forth. Yes. This is the piece for this morning. Nothing in my experience captures Easter Sunday - Spring Sunday - more than this.

Nothing on this earth.




Comments