Trump Card

In a field already crowded by the bottom percent of hopeless and hapless non-potentials, Le Donald, Monsieur Combover is gearing up for a run at the ego prize.....ahh  Monsieur Le Donald....Vive La Presidente. 

There is a certain humility expected of presidents and wannabe ego-folks that if by the longest of longshots they ever got elected they would be holding an office and wouldn't "be the office" ... that the weight of being the point of an upside down pyramid, with the full weight of the expectations and trust of 330 million Americans is sitting on the office and the humble person in it.   A president leads from the bottom up not the top down...if he moves a step he carries everyone with him or no one.

Le Donald is a carrot-top combover of pure ego.  Far too many have told him he is the brightest bulb on the tree and perhaps in their realm he is...but being bright is no guarantee of leadership - in his case it is a testiment to ego as in "I'm the brightest bulb and I don't need you to tell me".   That is the kid in 3rd grade who got the 96 on th etest and gloats about it and forever refers to the 96.  In 8th grade my school, Washington Intermediate played a basketball game against Essexville. A Donald Trump guy named Larry Musser drove around me for a layup. He scored 10 points.  I scored 18. Our team beat their team by a couple dozen. Paul Minnis and I beat them like rented mules.  For the next few years all Larry could talk about was going around me  that one time for 2 points. That we clobbered them and Paul (the other forward) and I made Le Larry look like a one-trick pony was lost on him. That was his ego talking.  Le Donald meet Le Larry.

Lewis Black got it right on the Daily Show the other night after yet another infantile ego performance by Le Donald.  My question will be how can this blowhard ever survive his first primary when he gets about 5% of the vote?  I'm pretty sure his 5% will be the better of the 95% who see him for what he is.

Comments