The government plays mom and dad

Just a note to congress.  You remind me of my mom and dad.

"We are going to cut your allowance"
"But I do all my chores and then some"
"Yes but last year we rang up our credit cards too high and need to cut back"
"What does that have to do with me"
"Well we spent a lot of money that we didn't have and new you need to give up some things"
"Like my allowance?"
"Yes but although you didn't make any of the choices, you have to share the sacrifice"
"But if I didn't cause the problem why am I asked to solve it"?
"We have to make tough choices.  By the way, we ordered a new security alarm to replace the one we have so be sure to let the man in to take out the old one and install the new one....oh, and here is the number at the restaurant where daddy and I will be eating in case you have to reach us."

Comments