The Nutcracker

About 1/3 or the population of the United States woke up to snow this morning or at least temperatures ready to produce it.  I got an email in my lot from a woman I went to high school with and it was one of those Christmas/year end type of card emails, sent out in batches of a zillion.  I report to you that her husband is fine although somewhat bored with Florida living, her two children are still in northern Michigan and happy news that sometime in the middle of winter they are going to be grandparents.  It went on in numbing detail from there with the little personal note to everyone that this morning it was in the 20s where they live and there was ice in the birdbath.

Aside from a bout of the flu and absolutely no desire to go outside even for a minute, I enjoy snow days.  I think I like the quiet of it and that unlike rain, you can't hear the flakes hit anything.  I had one of those snowflake balls when I was a kid - everyone has them. It is like being inside one of those - perhaps if my head weren't so congested I would hear things but for right now....

Comments