Ohhh goodie - Friday morning

We are sorting out our bins of stuff to downsize and after a dozen years in the same place its time for a major restructuring of possessions. I put a floor in the attic when we moved in and over time, when we found dishes we liked or came across a set of depression glass (antique junkies here), we would shrink wrap everything and put it in plastic containers and up three flights and a pull down ladder and into the attic...well attic got full so it was time.

We thought we would bleed our collection into several consignment shops a distance away that has major collectible interest and my wife's mom said we could take some of the bins and put them in her basement for easier access. I went down yesterday to sweep and prepare for the first dozen bins and lo and behold, we found a "hoarder".  Not us. Not her. But the other sister.  Seems her "overflow" from her house has reached my mother-in-law's basement and as we found out her garage as well. I'm talking stuff just piled - 4 or 5 feet deep and every inch of floor.

I did clear a space and thank God my mother-in-law is too old to do the basement stairs but now I know, rock certain, that hoarders exist and there is one in the family.

Comments