Michigan State v. Notre Dame

Tonight. 8 PM ABC. Me and my widescreen TV

For those of us alums old enough to remember back to 1966 and the infamous 10-10 tie (44 years ago????ouch), just on a hunch at 5am when I am writing this, I looked up the 10-10 tie and was amazed that so much is written about it - even an account on Wiki.

Then again, these games are somewhat epic to alumni and we really do follow - even years later. I was always in the band and marching from Landon field (where we practiced) to the stadium, the alma mater outside the tunnel, emerging and seeing that huge crowd..the noise so big it was silent.

Well let me tell you, your eyes still tear up and hopefully that wonderful nostalgia won't ever pass and no matter what is going on in your life, how jaded you get, whatever, that  certain things will keep memories fresh. This is certainly one of them.  Go Green! Go State.

Comments