What time is it?

Big hand is on the 12.  Little hand is on the 6.  Like that is going to help.

I got one of these for a graduation present when I left high school.  It was my great grandfather's and my parents got it fixed.  It was a big deal.  Dress pants, pants that go with suit coats for those who don't know what dress pants are, (like dress up not the things women wear) came with little pockets for such things and there was a fob which was a chain that connected to the watch and attached to a belt loop.

Beloit College gave something of a questionaire out to their incoming freshmen and here are the results.  It is fairly scarey and the generation gap appears to have epic size.
I was sad when calculators entered the school room and when some people who submit job applications to me and I find them all printed, I can almost guess their ages.  If you are of a certain age, you decry the invention of the fax machine - something that changed everything. Now a handwritten message seems to be archiac and sending it by fax - well, nonexistent.

I don't envy their habits or what they know. I do feel bad because they missed a lot of the human touch. Hope they can tell time.

Comments