No child left behind...just 3/4ths of all children

The WSJ had an article (obviously for those bright enough to read it) that basically said about 1/4th of all graduating high school kids who took the ACT test were proficient across the board so as to pass entry level college courses.  Here it is.

After 8 years of "no child left behind", things don't look so good. 

I got into a terrific war of words on another blog yesterday regarding the US Healthcare system and the health of Americans.  I cited whe World Health Organization statistics that put the United States in a pretty unfavorable light and used it as an argument that perhaps some health care reform that might help us live longer wouldn't be such a bad idea.   You would have thought I invoked data supplied by Satan. One particular nitwit said "I looked and when I saw that the United Nations had something to do with the WHO, I knew it was all political and their data was purposefully skewed to make us look bad".  How can you work with that kind of logic.

I'm pretty sure this article will come up today as it is such red meat for education reform which to the right wing means taxes and the waste thereof.  I can't wait.

Comments