Lots of readers - not many comments - but that's ok

My readership is sailing along now that I am closing in on 1 year doing this.  My audience source is nicely scattered and I do thank a very regular reader from Russia who signs in about 4am every day and stays for some time - enough to read half a dozen posts.  Thank you!

I was at our library in the small town next to us yesterday.  It just had a $7 million face lift.  Now it is spacious and bustling instead of cramped and bustling.  That's OK except for the cost. What is nice is the entire second floor is for kids and they have book collections in bags all ready to go, play/craft areas, places where kids can make noise, reading nooks for parent and kid but it is FOR KIDS and perfectly comfortable.  And there were kids there on a bright sunny summer day. Lots of them.  It is terrific and hopefully will last a lifetime.  Just sayin'.

I am writing this because it is important that things like libraries and blogs and generally the written and therefore "read" word persist, prosper and flourish.  Carnage, the tycoon, realized this a century ago and gave money all over the place so communities could build libraries.  I grew up with one in my town except it was a hateful place with no help and a "shuuuuush you are making noise" policy.  Now I can enter my library card on my computer here at home, get a reference librarian on chat in a few seconds, and away I go with questions and help and if they don't know they hook up a conference chat with other librarians in New York until someone gets a bright idea....and I present some doozie questions let me tell you.  The books go out on inter library loan and appear at the desk in 2 days.  Very impressive.

Let's keep reading and writing.  Comments welcome.

Comments