Feynman and the Manhattan Project

This is Richard Feynman probably arond 1980 during a series of lectures he  gave on physics in England or Scotland and captured by the BBC for a documentary.  He wrote a few engaging books about his early life and they are in my "do not loan to anyone for any price" books in my personal library books as they are mostly out of print but available here and there and from time to time.  He was one of the gifted.  He was a math guy on the Manhattan project during WWII.  He was part of Oppenheimer's team of elites who labored in the desert for a couple years in a secret town to make the atom bomb work.   He didn't regret his work as no one should have at the time.  He did have remorse generally that such a device had to be and all that and then the misuse that came from it.

Anyway he is a hero to me.  His work saved my dad's life probably (see previous post) and I got to hear him lecture more than a few times.  This is what he was like.

Comments