Io

There is a phenomenal exhibition at the Air and Space Museum in Washington.  The Times has quite the article on it (prior link).   I took an architectural historyclass a long time ago during my doctoral days.  The professor, Pierce or Pearce, can't remember other than we used his txt on the history of architecture (vanity press 9pages was the joke) and one week he sent us out into Lexington Ky to find the single best photograph of classical revival architecture I/we could. We were each armed with a polaroid camera and 1 shot of film. 1. (get it ?  single best ? why do you need more than 1 shot of the single best).  Anyway, I found my example out in the horse country where someone had fussed over a stable area and turned the thing into a monster of poor taste.  Being the gentleman, I knocked on the mansion door and told the owner who I was and what the assignment was yada yada and could I photograph the paddock for class - this is a freaking horse building.  I could - permission granted - but if the owner wouldn't mind, could she have the photo after the class was over and the paper that we had to write in support of it.  No prob. I'm easy.

I thought of that when I read the article.  Most of the pictures at the exhibition occured only once and had the potential of being shot only once. ONCE.  It is a huge responsiblity to take the "one" picture of anything.  Think of Ansel Adams (my post yesterday) waiting around all day for that 1 minute of perfect lighting.  Go out with your digital camera and force yourself to take only one picture of the most interesting thing you will see all day. It is a huge responsibility. ONCE. HUGE.  Anyway, see the show, take the link, here is some Jupiter music that plays to Io -\\

Comments