Hey there Ansel, nice work

I wrote about that yard sale find (no kidding) yesterday of a bunch of Ansel Adams photographic plates.

I've saved all the prints to my files because the next time I see them it will cost me a pretty penny because someone is going to buy the rights for a bazillion dollars and then make the money back.

I'm not against free enterprise and selling art for what it is worth, and these photos are worth every penny anyone cares to pay for them.  I'm sorry Adams didn't get a share of it. I'm kinda sorry that the guy who sold $200 million dollars worth of art at a yard sale for $50..well, the new owner should be gentlemanly enough to cut the guy in for a million or so -

But I am glad that I have 20 or so screen savers and that much toner in my high res printer and 20 sheets of 81/2 x 11 high quality photo paper loaded up and I can have some too.  Won't exactly be the same but as my wife points out, I'm not a very young bird and can't see very well anyway so it will do for me.  It most certainly will do.

Comments