A good rain washes away a lot of things

We haven't had rain where I live for a month and the heat, this is the hotest year on record just about, and here it definitely is. It has been awful. One of the supposed blessings of living just off a south facing ocean beach is that 99% of the time, at 430p or so, the wind switches to "off ocean" and we cool the heating of the day.  This year we have lived in that 1% and it makes people crabby.  Me for one.

I got into a few skirmishes yesterday on several blogs regarding the Tea Party and that nitwit Breitbart (Sherrod stuff) and I got tired of some of the junk I was reading.  I write this blog because it is good for me to do it and, although I admit to being opinionated and a die-hard liberal, I think I write responsibly and writing this blog pushes that sense of being responsible along.  I ALWAYS fact check and don't get it wrong very often. When I do, I expect to have the wolves descend to eat the remains and they do, and I'm fair game and deserve it.  Not so for some.  The amount of purposeful or other posting about Sherrod scares me more than a bit.  It tells me that people will say anything and that political advantage trumps truth and accuracy in the rule book.  That is very sad.

I just had to get that off my chest, take a deep breathe and start the day on a better foot.

Comments