Annette and Hannah Montana

In the late 50s Walt Disney launched his Mickey Mouse Club and you can see a song and dance from that original group. Annette was the "senior" female and she had a mild career after, even a movie with Elvis or Pat boone or both....Which brings us to Miley Cyrus or Hannah Montana. 
I've actually seen snipets of this TV show on the Disney Channel. Miley acts the part of something of a kind-hearted ditzy teenager always caught in inplausible teenage situations. She is all of 17 and looks either 12 or 25 and there is no doubt as to her talent - not the Annette type of talent but I guess 21st century talent whatever that is. What is that you say? Well it is different - so different now it is hard to speak to it with any coherence. I don't approve of it and frankly think it is exploitation. Moreoever, I can't believe there are suffient numbers of kids who want this stuff or to see their teen idol in music videos that make me blush. I have to be content with not fighting it except mildly and showing a frown now and then...after all, it is Walt Disney behind this.








Comments