It's not yet 6am and some prettay prettay prettay good music...

Larry David , of Seinfeld and Curb Your Enthusiasm fame, is an acquired taste.. Frankly, Seinfeld is a bit tedious after nearly 20 years of it and Curb Your Enthusiasm takes some courage to watch without having to run from the room in embarrassment.

The POINT is that there are things that are appropriate at a certain time and place and others that are not and it is the inappropriate that makes our skin crawl a bit.  Music does the same.  I don't listen to rock music much at all and haven't for years. I fell asleep in the IMax Rolling Stones. No kidding. So I get fussy with music and being trained as a musician just makes it worse.

When I was a disc jockey at KCMA in Tulsa, "greater Tulsa's fine arts station at 106FM" , the hardest programming selection of the day was the 6am wake up music.  Soft and mellow? Happy and light A good march perhaps?

You tell me. I'm easy.

Comments

  1. Rap.

    Because you have to get up and go across the room to shut off the clock radio.

    No matter how tired you are you will do that to shut off rap. Just sayn'

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment