I had to get testy on another blog....

This is from Ann Althouse's blog. The subject was global warming. I wrote:

I find it particularly galling that basic science is shoved aside because it is something that you or others on here 'just don't like' so you trump up crap science put forth by a minority and cling to it like a wet diaper.

Science isn't just something to dabble in when religion becomes boring and you can fit into your daily prayers or political Fauxnoise allows just some of the science that won't cause a wave in your pond. If you have traveled and talked to scientists who had a government control them and yet, in spite of ruination and potential retribution you can only imagine they stood firm and held on to their values and didn't sell them out to either score points or get that coveted FauxNoise guest spot.


I really don't have a lot of use for political types who trot out the "unsettled science" garbage when caught in the hard spot between truth and a lie and I particularly have no respect whatsoever for those who are in science and support the completely unsupportable. You my friend should be ashamed.
 
I feel better.

Comments

  1. Well you must be feeling better after that.

    Like passing a kidney stone.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment