We need to end the week with something sublime

So this morning I've ranted against BP and the Minerals Department and Glenn Beck and Lewis Black and Nazism.  Shame on me. But I maintain that it is the duty of humanity to see things and say things about it. Beauty is beauty and we need to rejoice in it, admire it, and acknowledge it as a core part of our lives.

I learned my lesson my senior year in high school when our school system ran afoul of a budget issues.  We kept football but cut music.  I didn't do my homework.  In my senior class, we had 24 go on to be professional musicians..no kidding...from now the head of personnel of the Israeli Philharmonic, retired associate principal french horn of the Chicago Symphony, professor of piano at UCLA and 18 music teacher performers plus others. In the history of the high school we had 1 professional football player and that was for 2 seasons.

Point is that beauty and sublime beauty at that should never be something other than a fair topic for conversation.

Comments