Prospect Park - Brooklyn


We actually were under that tree on the left on Saturday. My wife and I went in to visit for our granddaughter's 3rd birthday. This started about the same time that madman was loading up his SUV to go to Times Square.

Prospect Park is a miracle of planning and good sense. It is near Grand Army Plaza, the Brooklyn Library (which, by the way for scholars..well it is a vast storehouse of riches), up the street from the Brooklyn Acadamy of Music, not far from the Botannical Gardens...in short it is a major European city in America. 

Part of me wants my grandkids (my Brooklyn Grandkids) out here in the relative countryside of the Hamptons and part of me wants to be there. Watching kids play "Redlight. Greenlight." eating cupcakes from the top down, parents encouraging their kids to "go off and play". Well.

If I don't have another birthday, I got to see this one, with a granddaughter I adore, with parents who love their kids (not just my kids loving their kids but a raft of them in attendance), a park full of people doing their thing and no one getting in the way of anyone else....I'll still never understand the group who was adjacent to us but who am I to even ask...although my mouth was open while I was staring...anyway...in the grand scheme of life you are presented a few moments like this.

Comments

  1. Don't forget that we were also steps away from the Brooklyn Museum -- another reason why I love to live here.

    Glad you came. It wouldn't have been the same without you!

    Love, Stav

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment