Once more with feeling


Maureen wrote this morning. There was a musical by that name via Buffy the Vampire Slayer (listen to the overture here)...and the vampire slayer is what Mr. Obama needs to be and right now. They lyrics are very telling:

Buffy:

"Every single night, the same arrangement,
I go out and fight the fight.
Still I always feel this strange enstrangement,
Nothing here is real, nothing here is right.
I've been making shows of trading blows
Just hoping no one knows
That I've been going through the motions,
Walking though the part,
Nothing seems to penetrate my heart.
I was always brave and kind of righteous,
Now I find I'm wavering.
Crawl out of your grave, you find this fight
Just doesn't mean a thing"

Dear Mr. President. Get up. Kick some ass. Stop being nice and particularly stop going through the motions.

Comments