Knock it off Mr. President

Angela Braley is in a snit. She is the CEO of Wellpoint, the health insurance giant who, incidentally owns Anthem, the California monster who managed to sneak a 25-40+% rate hike in under the health care reform wire.

Angela wrote the President of the United States over the weekend informing him that his beating up on the health insurers was not helpful and somewhat offputting.

Earth to Angela:  My doctor wanted to change my blood pressure medication a bit due to my diabetes - since things are on the mend and I'm on the path to being off insulin in the near future - and the request was denied. We had to appeal. We were then told it had to be "pre-approved". My doctor got a little crazy and I heard him suggest to one of your minions that "I am the doctor here - where did you get your degree"?  Long and short is that it has now been 27 days and your group is considering it. Because I have this request pending, I can't get my old prescription refilled because you can't get it refilled until a certain time period passes (30 pills - 30 days) and I have this one for the new meds pending. So I drive to my doctor's office weekly to get "samples" to take.

Frankly, I'd gladly pony up a few bucks so Mr. Obama can come at you with a bigger club.

Comments