I got my weekly "season's open" email the other day

The ice went out of my "I wanna go there" Canadian lodge - not because I want to kill fish (I NEVER catch anything anyway) but for the amazing solitude of flying into a camp with housekeeping cabins and all meals prepared and no other souls on a lake except those at camp...and a 30 mile lake at that. Makes me think of Sgt. Preston. Not quite that far north but you get the idea.

The e-m went on to say that lake levels were down nearly 10 feet since last year.  Of course this means more fish per gallon but 10 feet?  This is going to bother me as it should you. These lakes aren't drained nor are they a source of drinking water for anyone or thing except bears and deer and whatever fish drink.  I'm not loaded with extra time this morning but it is going to weigh on me for a while.

Comments