You load 16 tons..

I have no idea what made me think of that Tenessee Ernie Ford song from the middle 50s...I guess that once a year you think back and measure stuff in your life.  I remember this song because my parents like it and the album "In the Pines"..well I still remember the cover now 50something years later.

My dad was born in 1910 so he would have been 100 last month.  He used to talk about having a birthday yardstick that moved back as well as forward.  Let me explain. If he would have been 100 now, he would have been a -100 in 1810 etc. Looking back, his birth was as close to the time of Napoleon and the Adams brothers from Massachusetts, Jefferson was alive..and the Louisiana Purchase was just a few years old.

Today my negative day takes me back pretty close to the middle 1880s...actually the year my grandmother was born.

It isn't bad, considering the alternative.

Comments