Toxic Cleanup on Aisle Three


A friend mine from high school went on to New York after the war and landed a job writing for a soap opera.  Mercifully, his show ended after about  5 years and he got legitimate work but not until the English professor had foresaken his God-fearing wife for the lures of a graduate assistant.  We all knew that this was going to happen from day one. I think his wife shot everyone or something to end it. The show had a short life because the story line painted them into a corner. It was inevitable.

Walmart ran into a doozy of a corner as well. I actually think their hearts were in the right place. I mean poisoning kids with cadmium found in their toys? And I'm glad they acted albeit not in time for this year's buying season.

Message to S. Robsin Walton (who I know):  We don't mind paying an extra quarter if you don't carry stuff that poisons kids.  Got it?

Comments