Semi-regional orchestras

This isn't a diatribe. Nor am I calling everyone into a death spiral of guilt. 

I firmly believe that a group of folks, majority non-professional, who gather around to make music once a week and do a concert of it therefter, are what give soul to this country. I believe that.

This is an orchestra that labors in the desert somewhere in Arizona and I'll bet they have to drive like crazy just to get to the rehearsal space.  They do it OUT OF LOVE. This isn't a paying gig. This doesn't replace gas money. IT IS OUT OF LOVE OF PERFORMING AND BRINGING YOU THE PLEASURE of art.

I could and should and would bring the NY Critics to their knees. I'm not much a fan of their "east of the hudson ethic:"  This is the real deal. And if you missed the link earlier, here it is again. This group has some serious chops and they can play and god bless them.

Comments