Pop ups and Pop Overs

I went to Salon.com this morning as I write there often and needed some inspiration while trying to find the muse.  I was greeted by advertising that simply covers the screen one is trying to read. These either popup, popdown or just popover the real page. Here is the page I was looking at:

Eventually it became a covergirl ad.  I was trying to read a recipe for showstealing mashed potatos. I was kept from reading my story by a dumb ad for something I didn't want. Furthermore it had a way too loud sound track so it temporarily ruined my early morning reverie.

Everything you ever wanted to know about advertising and marketing you learned when you went to the supermarket with you mom when you were three years old.  Be helpful. Always say thank you. DON'T GET in the WAY.  Seems someone missed class that day.

Comments